Dipsshikha goes missing from Haal-e-Dil; was informed a day before release

On Wednesday, Dipsshikha Nagpal was informed that her role had been deleted from the just released Haal-E-Dil.

The actress received a call from one of the production team members saying that as the film’s length was proving to be too long, her character had to be edited out! She played a Punjabi character who owns a dhaba where the three youngsters hang out.

Directed by Anil Devgan and produced by Kumar Mangat, the film launches three newbies Nakuul Mehta, Adhyayan Suman and Mangat’s daughter Amita Pathak.

Too long

Says Dipsshikha, “At least they informed me beforehand; prior to the premiere! Guess such things happen and they can’t be helped. They told me it was necessary to do so as the length was proving to be a problem.”

The actress had shot with them during their Panchgani outdoor shoot as well as in Mumbai. “In fact, the shoot for my scenes was delayed due to the rains. We waited for better weather to shoot it, and now finally, it is not there!”
Twice unlucky

“I was supposed to do a character in Anil’s earlier film Raju Chacha but things did not work out that time. Then he offered me Haal-E-Dil and now I am not there in this too!” she bemoans. “But there’s nothing I can do but be a bit upset. It is for the betterment of the film. It’s okay next time, maybe.”

Of late, Dipsshikha, who features in the 9X show Dahhej, is being seen more in films. She featured in Partner, Pranali and Dhoom Dadakka. “Big screen offers are coming my way and I am welcoming them.”

Emotional upheaval

On the personal front, Dipsshika is now formally divorced from actor hubby Jeet Upendra. “The papers have come through. There are still a lot of emotional upheavals but life goes on. My kids and work keep me busy. Recently, I redid my entire house. I want to begin life anew.”

Courtesy: mid-day.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...