Riya Sen: ‘I can’t reveal who I’ve kissed – Ashmit or Rahul …’

/photo.cms?msid=1123159

Even after years of being in the industry, the name ‘Riya Sen’ comes with a ‘sexy’ tag. And that one meaty role still beckons...
“Yes, I know, even after ‘Jhankaar Beats’ and ‘Qayamat’ I was being offered only sexy roles. I was being asked to look sexy all the time – wear mini skirts and run around trees, I was so bored of that. No one was taking me seriously, so I gave myself a break for some time. Sometimes you have to wait patiently for things to happen to you. And when it actually happens, you realise it was worth the wait. I waited...and ‘Silsilay’ came my way.”

/photo.cms?msid=1123160

So you’re finally trying hard to shed the ‘sexy’ image?
“There’s nothing wrong with being ‘sexy’; not everybody can carry off that image, right? But it’s tougher winning the title of a ‘good actress’. I didn’t go all out trying to se sexy, the tag was attached to me. Nowadays, being ‘sexy’ has become like a trend - there are so many new faces I see every day and they all want to be a sex symbol. So it’s not that I have any qualms about being sexy, but I want to be sexy and more!”

/photo.cms?msid=1123161

You mean ‘more sexy’?
“Ha, ha! I mean a sexy, good actress!”
People often say that your looks are like Aishwarya’s...
“I’m immune to it now. Ash is gorgeous and she’s indeed the most beautiful woman in Bollywood. But I want to have my own identity, and hear people say that ‘Riya Sen is good with all that she has’.”

/photo.cms?msid=1123162

Your grandmother was the epitome of elegant beauty, while your mother had raw sex appeal. What genes have you inherited?
“Actually, even my parents are confused; they can’t figure who I look like. Even my Dad is very good-looking - many wouldn’t know that Gayatri Devi was his mother’s sister, so he also comes from great looking stock. Of course, my grandma was considered a dream-beauty. I would like to believe I’ve inherited a bit of all of them. I don’t think I resemble any one of them.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...